Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID locked emails

I keep receiving emails that say my Apple ID has been locked or will be locked and to click on a link to protect it. I have not but how do I make sure my ID has not been compromised? Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Jan 29, 2018 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2018 8:53 PM

Dorcevasco wrote:

I keep receiving emails that say my Apple ID has been locked or will be locked and to click on a link to protect it. I have not but how do I make sure my ID has not been compromised? Thanks

To verify that your ID is not locked, you can go to iCloud.com and login with your credentials. You were also able to login to this site which required you to use your credentials.

Use: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support to verify that the emails are Phishing for your credentials. The link also contains reporting suggestions.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2018 8:53 PM in response to Dorcevasco

Dorcevasco wrote:

To verify that your ID is not locked, you can go to iCloud.com and login with your credentials. You were also able to login to this site which required you to use your credentials.

Use: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support to verify that the emails are Phishing for your credentials. The link also contains reporting suggestions.

User uploaded file

Apple ID locked emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.