Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch will not let me talk to text

How do I get My diction on for my Apple Watch ?

Apple Watch, iOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2018 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2018 8:52 AM

Hi

The following steps may help (check after each):

If you have not yet done so, update both your iPhone and your Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone (be sure to make a backup first):

On your iPhone:

• Go to: Settings > Siri & Search - check that Siri settings are enabled.
  • Go to: Settings > General > Restrictions - check that the restriction for Siri & Dictation is not enabled.
  • Go to: Settings > General > Keyboard - check that Enable Dictation is turned on.

Check that you are using a supported keyboard language for your Messages conversation:

Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2018 8:52 AM in response to tiafromcorsicana13

Hi

The following steps may help (check after each):

If you have not yet done so, update both your iPhone and your Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone (be sure to make a backup first):

On your iPhone:

• Go to: Settings > Siri & Search - check that Siri settings are enabled.
  • Go to: Settings > General > Restrictions - check that the restriction for Siri & Dictation is not enabled.
  • Go to: Settings > General > Keyboard - check that Enable Dictation is turned on.

Check that you are using a supported keyboard language for your Messages conversation:

Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

My Apple Watch will not let me talk to text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.