You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra: screenshots (cmd-shift-4) take several seconds to show up on Desktop

This is with an MPB 15inch mid2014 APFS 1TB updated to 10.13.3. Same since 10.13 initial upgrade. The same function was instantaneous with Yosemite.

I noticed similar delay for newly created files to show up in Finder other than screenshots.

Any Apple APFS/filesystem developer Help here?

Cheers.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 1:42 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jan 31, 2018 2:32 AM in response to brunofromoakland

brunofromoakland wrote:

Any Apple APFS/filesystem developer Help here?

Apple is not here. This is a users forum. However, the delay you describe may have nothing more to do with than what and how much is running in the background. Most of the time I get no delay. Once in awhile it can happen. Probably because the Mac is doing other things. I've yet to see it happen on my iMac Pro however.

Jan 31, 2018 3:22 AM in response to CountryGirl56

Asking for help from apple was more a rethorical question 🙂

This problem is probably due to the change to APFS for which the notification mechanism is different from HPFS and that still requires some tune up in macos. Again, the file is there right away as shown by 'ls' so I can't imagine what could happen in the background that sometimes takes up to 20s to make it appear in the Finder.

In some instances, I need to take several screenshots in a row and want them avail for conversions and such and this problem is really annoying!

High Sierra: screenshots (cmd-shift-4) take several seconds to show up on Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.