Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search/Delete multiple Calendar Events

I can search and find events in Calendar. Great!!!

The events are highlighted (as if selected).

How can I delete these?? (about 25 events)

NOTE: One to two years back, iCal (aka Calendar) has this functionality. The FIND would highlight the found events on the right side, and you could then select multiple events is the list of FOUND events -- and then delete them all at once.

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 9:39 AM

5 replies

Feb 2, 2018 4:33 PM in response to cwebber1

cwebber1 wrote:

But you cannot select multiple events from the search results list.

Hence, you have to delete them one-at-a-time.

I used the method you describe frequently. But when I bought a new MacBook Pro, it came with Sierra, and since then you cannot select multiple events from the search results and then delete them.

I no longer have access to Sierra, but if I recall correctly, it should work the same way.

---> Ferd, not using Sierra? Are you on High Sierra now? If so, does it work on that version of OS X?

Yes, I am using macOS High Sierra, and multiple event deletion from the search field works exactly as I indicated in my first post in this thread.

User uploaded file

Feb 2, 2018 2:38 PM in response to Ferd II

The search works fine.

But you cannot select multiple events from the search results list.

Hence, you have to delete them one-at-a-time.

I used the method you describe frequently. But when I bought a new MacBook Pro, it came with Sierra, and since then you cannot select multiple events from the search results and then delete them.

This is the biggest reason I avoid updates. Loss of functionality that I rely on.

BTW: You also cannot (and never could) delete multiple events from the main view (e.g. Monthly). You have to do that one at a time.

I no longer have access to Sierra, but if I recall correctly, it should work the same way.

---> Ferd, not using Sierra? Are you on High Sierra now? If so, does it work on that version of OS X?

Search/Delete multiple Calendar Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.