Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I purchase cloud storage other than credit card payment

Hello,

Found some lack of availability provided in IPhone 11.2.5 for purchasing iCloud storage with limited mode of payment i.e only by credit card . I will appreciate if one can purchase with netbanking and other mode of payment available . Pls help

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2018 9:18 PM

Here are the forms of payment accepted for iCloud:

Accepted payment methods for iCloud storage upgrades include credit cards, debit cards, and iTunes Store credit. If you don't have enough iTunes store credit to complete your upgrade, you'll be charged the remaining amount. Apple Store gift cards aren't accepted as payment for upgrading iCloud storage. Learn how to manage the amount of storage you're using.

From this support article: iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support

GB

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2018 9:18 PM in response to jalpan1187

Here are the forms of payment accepted for iCloud:

Accepted payment methods for iCloud storage upgrades include credit cards, debit cards, and iTunes Store credit. If you don't have enough iTunes store credit to complete your upgrade, you'll be charged the remaining amount. Apple Store gift cards aren't accepted as payment for upgrading iCloud storage. Learn how to manage the amount of storage you're using.

From this support article: iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support

GB

Feb 1, 2018 12:06 PM in response to gail from maine

I'm sure gail from maine's answer is absolutely correct. However there is a difference between an "Apple Store" gift card and an "App Store & iTunes" gift card:

What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

As stated in the "App Store & iTunes Gift Cards" section of the above article, the "App Store & iTunes" gift card can be used for iCloud. My understanding is that if you upgrade your iCloud Storage plan, then the monthly payment will be deducted from your "App Store & iTunes" gift card first until the balance runs out. In effect, this is one way to "prepay" for iCloud Storage for an entire year even though the annual plans were discontinued.

Feb 1, 2018 11:16 AM in response to jalpan1187

Ok, then you know the cost in rupees per the link that gail from maine has provided you, as well as, the general type of payment methods that are acceptable by Apple.

If you need to know the exact payment methods that you can use, you will need to contact Apple Support directly and ask there. We are all just fellow Apple-product users like yourself.

Can I purchase cloud storage other than credit card payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.