Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod not connecting to windows

I recently tried to sync my ipod nano with my computer...and it says that the device in the USB drive isn't recognized. It will charge, just not sync with iTunes. It has been working for over a year...why would it suddenly stop? I can't restore my iPod or anything because that's all done through the computer. I tried switching USB ports, resetting the iPod, and nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 22, 2007 11:47 AM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2007 7:17 PM in response to lcws

Ok try and reset the ipod while it is plugged into the computer you reset the ipod by making sure the hold switch is off (all white). After you make sure that the hold switch is off hold down the menu and the center select button on the ipod for 6-10 seconds until you see the apple logo. Once you see the apple logo you can go ahead and let go of the buttons.

What you want to see if the ipod is showing up under the device manager. If you see the ipod on the device manager go to the support page and type in how to change the drive letter on the ipod.

You can also try and use msconfig. Type in msconfig on the support page.

If none of these steps help you take the ipod into the apple store or contact technical support to set the ipod up for a repair.

ipod not connecting to windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.