Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

its taking a very long time to download software ??? What do i do ?? xx

I recently have tried to restore my phone through recovery mode on ITunes, but the software has taken over 15 minutes to download which makes my phone exit recovery mode, does this mean it will never download the software or will It take afew tries ??

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 3:50 PM

Hi karis8u4t,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're using iTunes to restore your iPhone with recovery mode but the software download is taking longer than your iPhone will stay in recovery mode. I know it's important to use this method and I'd like to help. The software download to iTunes will continue even if your iPhone exits recovery mode. In order to restore the recently downloaded software, you'll need to put your iPhone back into recovery mode and start the restore process again. Because the software download will have completed, the restore process should start immediately.

If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the connect to iTunes screen, let the download finish, then repeat step 3.

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2018 3:50 PM in response to karis8u4t

Hi karis8u4t,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're using iTunes to restore your iPhone with recovery mode but the software download is taking longer than your iPhone will stay in recovery mode. I know it's important to use this method and I'd like to help. The software download to iTunes will continue even if your iPhone exits recovery mode. In order to restore the recently downloaded software, you'll need to put your iPhone back into recovery mode and start the restore process again. Because the software download will have completed, the restore process should start immediately.

If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the connect to iTunes screen, let the download finish, then repeat step 3.

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best Regards.

its taking a very long time to download software ??? What do i do ?? xx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.