Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small Crack camera lens on iPhone x

Dear Apple, I bought the iPhone X the day it came out, never dropped, hit, always had the case on the apple store provided, and I have apple care. Please help!

Posted on Feb 1, 2018 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 2:24 AM

Hi I recently had the same problem with iPhone X had every iPhone since 3G and never dropped or even scratched a screen but after making a Genius Bar appointment for the cracked camera lens they basically said it was not covered and is accidental damage and would cost £535 to repair as it’s a whole unit replacement as camera can’t be fixed on its own. So I put a complaint in and it went to a senior advisor and engineering department and they also came back with the same answer.

They failed me after years of loyal service and thousands of pounds of products purchased without a problem.

I believe your case will end up with the same result as mine as they will not listen only follow set guidelines from head office.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2018 2:24 AM in response to Smanhatton

Hi I recently had the same problem with iPhone X had every iPhone since 3G and never dropped or even scratched a screen but after making a Genius Bar appointment for the cracked camera lens they basically said it was not covered and is accidental damage and would cost £535 to repair as it’s a whole unit replacement as camera can’t be fixed on its own. So I put a complaint in and it went to a senior advisor and engineering department and they also came back with the same answer.

They failed me after years of loyal service and thousands of pounds of products purchased without a problem.

I believe your case will end up with the same result as mine as they will not listen only follow set guidelines from head office.

Mar 18, 2018 2:43 AM in response to Smanhatton

I also have a cracked camera lense and have never dropped my phone and kept it in case all the time. I have been doing research and it seems that I’m not the only person and the other people on this thread isn’t the only people on this thread as well having this problem. Is there a way to get it fixed without replacing the whole phone ???

Small Crack camera lens on iPhone x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.