Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server locking up when managed clients log out

Hello,

I have an Xserve running 10.4.8 Server, 2Ghz G5, 2GB ram, and all that fun stuff at a school. The kids are able to login fine, but when they try to logout, the server completely locks up (lights on the front are maxed out) and the client computers (all eMacs running 10.4) get the spinning beach ball for up to 15 minutes. It's happened three times in the past three days we've been in school and I can't find anything that seems wrong. I've checked the logs and it's not showing anything that seems to be an error.

I haven't been able to see what's happening when it locks up because it's hunning headless and remote desktop or any other server programs can't connect. I'm going to hook a monitor up to it to see if I can catch anything.

I was hoping that someone has seen a similar problem and might have some insight.

Thanks,
Jason

Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jan 22, 2007 1:29 PM

1 reply

Server locking up when managed clients log out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.