Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it safe to delete all AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer after uninstalling iTunes

I'm using Windows 10.

I've just followed the instructions on Apple Support (Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support) to uninstall my iTunes completely, in hope of saving space on my C drive as it's already almost full, within my first month of usage. I've also uninstalled my iCloud.

However, my C drive is still pretty full so i performed a search on my C drive and it gave me a list of gigantic files, of which, 64 out of 69 items (accounting for 17.9GB) are "C:\......\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\..." types of files. Two of them are each of a size 2+GB of iPhone Software Updates files.

1) So now that I've completely uninstalled my iTunes, would there be any implication if i just directly delete all of these files?

(i still have my iphones so i don't actually need any of those prior backups. I can just do the backup again when i next connect with iTunes connected.)

2) When i reinstall iTunes, will i be able to download iTunes directly onto my D drive (in-built) and have all such mobile sync backup files or software update files only appearing on my D drive?

iPhone 6s, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 11:32 AM

Yes, provided you don't mind discarding any existing backups you can remove the whole folder once you've uninstalled iTunes. See Relocate iOS device backups for a method to move the backup data to a different drive. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on external storage. You would normally install the application itself on the system drive.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2018 11:32 AM in response to tan121

Yes, provided you don't mind discarding any existing backups you can remove the whole folder once you've uninstalled iTunes. See Relocate iOS device backups for a method to move the backup data to a different drive. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on external storage. You would normally install the application itself on the system drive.

tt2

is it safe to delete all AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer after uninstalling iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.