Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add people to the people album?

I have an iPhone X and I was trying to add a person to my People album so that all of those person photos would be identified. Is there a way to do this manually or trigger the auto people finder function?

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2018 5:11 AM

You can only add people to the People album, if Photos recognized a face in some photo.

help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph9c7ee918c

Add more people. On a photo of someone you want to add, swipe up to see a thumbnail of that person (below People). Tap the thumbnail, tap Add Name, then enter the name, or tap it in the list if you see it (names in the list are from your Contacts app). Tap Next, then tap Done.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2018 5:11 AM in response to luv2sk8

You can only add people to the People album, if Photos recognized a face in some photo.

help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph9c7ee918c

Add more people. On a photo of someone you want to add, swipe up to see a thumbnail of that person (below People). Tap the thumbnail, tap Add Name, then enter the name, or tap it in the list if you see it (names in the list are from your Contacts app). Tap Next, then tap Done.

How do you add people to the people album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.