Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 battery drains fast even after battery replacement

I've replaced my iPhone 6 battery two time is in less than a week and still have an issue with battery drain. I've checked all the recommended setting fixes and and even reset the phone to factory. The battery can drain more than 30% overnight with no phone usage.

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2018 9:01 AM

If you replaced your battery, I suggest you got a junk battery. Since Apple does not sell parts, that is very probable. Also, you very well could have corrupt data in your backup that is causing the drain. I know you couldn't have had a battery changed twice in a week from Apple, unless they determined they installed a bad battery.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2018 9:01 AM in response to jaweeks1

If you replaced your battery, I suggest you got a junk battery. Since Apple does not sell parts, that is very probable. Also, you very well could have corrupt data in your backup that is causing the drain. I know you couldn't have had a battery changed twice in a week from Apple, unless they determined they installed a bad battery.

Feb 7, 2018 11:16 AM in response to asharaffromdubai

asharaffromdubai wrote:

Hey, Even I'm having same issue. I replaced my Iphone6 battery 2 days back, but still old condition. I contacted apple support, they asked me to update IOS and wait for another day to sync all settings.

Did Apple or an AASP perform the replacement? If you went aftermarket then Apple will likely refuse to ever service it.

Feb 7, 2018 10:48 PM in response to asharaffromdubai

asharaffromdubai wrote:

I did it from Apple store,$29 replacement package.

I don't really understand that much about iPhone power draws, but the thing I can think of is to check Settings>Battery. You'll see the options for Lower Power Mode and Battery Percentage, but at the bottom is what apps or basic features are responsible for battery usage for the last 24 hours or 7 days. Some stuff actually works in the background. Mine right now says (for the last 24 hours) Safari (57%), Weather (14%), App Store (13%), Home & Lock Screen (8%). I have no idea where Weather came in since I almost never open it. It also has screen time, and it's showing 17 minutes. Must have "butt dialed" my way in my pocket. Other than that......

I was at an Apple Store today and was told there was no problem with my hardware from a diagnostic check. However, the suggestion I got was that there could be some issue with my software and that perhaps I should do a clean restore to factory condition and only a restore of data (and not settings) from an iCloud sync. Apparently that would also require a complete reloading of the apps and I probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to get everything back the way it was. I can always do that in the future, but it's a pretty difficult thing to do when there are little settings and app data (like that from games) that can never be restored without a full restore from a backup.

So there could be something fundamental in your setup that can only be taken care of with a total purge. Might not be the case. The Mac version of iTunes does have the ability to archive a backup such that it's never overwritten, but can be manually deleted. You might try seeing if you could archive your current setup and do a clean reinstall without trying to recover your setup. Then recover from the archived backup

Also - after going to an Apple Store for a diagnostic I saw they have access to hardware diagnostic tools that only they can run either in person or via AppleCare. If there's a problem with the hardware that's causing the odd battery drain that might help.

Feb 8, 2018 1:29 PM in response to asharaffromdubai

Did the battery fail the diagnostic Apple ran on it when you went there? If it didn't, you probably have a software issue. If you have wifi and/or Bluetooth turned on but not connected to anything, these can drain your battery faster than normal. You may also have apps running in the background that are droning your battery.

Try turning of background app refresh to see if that helps. If it doesn't, try starting with a clean iOS install with nothing restored to see if the problem continues.

Feb 9, 2018 6:45 AM in response to asharaffromdubai

More than likely it is an issue with your content. Check Settings>Battery and see what is consuming the highest percentage of your battery. Troubleshoot from there. You can create a current backup of your content, and then restore your phone to factory and set it up as new. Test it for a period of time and see what kind of usage statistics you see. If this settles your battery usage down, then restore to your backup. If that brings the problems back, then you have some corrupt data in the backup and you will need to restore the device to factory again and set it up as new. Add your content back individually, not using your backup.

iPhone 6 battery drains fast even after battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.