Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to El Capitan 10.11.6 but my Safari is still 9.1.2

I uploaded latest version El Capitan 10.11.6 (Built 15G31) on my early 2009 iMac on January 29. This should have updated my Safari to Version 11.0.3 (released 23 Jan) but it is still Version 9.1.2. Would anyone know how to get that latest versin of Safari?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Feb 4, 2018 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 8:05 AM

We were all correct, you, ckuan, and me. I back pedalled by re-installing my previous version El Capitan V10.11.5, and my Safari reversed to V9.1.1. That indicated this Safari version to be part of the OS installation.

I then upgraded again to OS X V10.11.6, which also included Safari V9.1.2, part of OS installation.

At this stage I had never seen a separate offer on the App Store for a Safari update, and a search did not come up with any result either.

I then installed the security upgrade 2018-001 for El Capitan (there are several security upgrades by that number for other systems). After that installation, the separate Safari upgrade for V11.0.3 showed up in the App Store. I installed it to bring my system up todate.

Thanks for all your input.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2018 8:05 AM in response to Eric Root

We were all correct, you, ckuan, and me. I back pedalled by re-installing my previous version El Capitan V10.11.5, and my Safari reversed to V9.1.1. That indicated this Safari version to be part of the OS installation.

I then upgraded again to OS X V10.11.6, which also included Safari V9.1.2, part of OS installation.

At this stage I had never seen a separate offer on the App Store for a Safari update, and a search did not come up with any result either.

I then installed the security upgrade 2018-001 for El Capitan (there are several security upgrades by that number for other systems). After that installation, the separate Safari upgrade for V11.0.3 showed up in the App Store. I installed it to bring my system up todate.

Thanks for all your input.

I updated to El Capitan 10.11.6 but my Safari is still 9.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.