Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to setup @bigpond.com email in google mail app

Hello Community,

I am trying to set up the above email in google mail app and keep getting the message Username and Password is incorrect when in actual fact I have never used the info before. I go in and select

add new account

then a screen pops with all the different servers such as google, yahoo, icloud and more plus OTHER and so I selected Other because none of the others were mine or so I believed. Anyway, it the asked for

my email address (which I entered) then Password then press next. The system then added that it was pop then the username which is bigpond and it also added the incoming and outgoing mail servers which are both mail.bigpond.com (I thought these were different) and then hit next and this is when the same message comes up about wrong username and password. I must have tried at least 12 times with different email address and passwords.

‘Hope someone can understand this dribble because I am about to give it up.

Thanks and cheers

lbkclb

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 12:32 AM

4 replies

Trying to setup @bigpond.com email in google mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.