Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong name on Notifications

Why are my Activities notification are addressed to 'Ben'? I am not Ben and haven't entered this name. How do i change it to my name?

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 5:47 AM

Hi

It may help to follow these steps, which have resolved the same issue for other users:

• In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
    • Check that there is a single contact card for you and that it contains your name, Apple ID email address and iPhone number.
    • Remove any duplicate contact cards and remove anyone else's contact details from your own card.
    • Check that there is a separate contact card for each of your other contacts that each card contains only that contact's own contact details and information and none of your own.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Contacts > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Siri & Search > My Information - check that your contact card is selected.
  • On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Reset > tap once on Reset Sync Data:
    • You will not see anything happen after tapping it (the process runs in the background, invisibly to you).
    • Allow a minute or so for the process to complete.
  • Restart your iPhone and your watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2018 5:47 AM in response to The Robbos

Hi

It may help to follow these steps, which have resolved the same issue for other users:

• In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
    • Check that there is a single contact card for you and that it contains your name, Apple ID email address and iPhone number.
    • Remove any duplicate contact cards and remove anyone else's contact details from your own card.
    • Check that there is a separate contact card for each of your other contacts that each card contains only that contact's own contact details and information and none of your own.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Contacts > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Siri & Search > My Information - check that your contact card is selected.
  • On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Reset > tap once on Reset Sync Data:
    • You will not see anything happen after tapping it (the process runs in the background, invisibly to you).
    • Allow a minute or so for the process to complete.
  • Restart your iPhone and your watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Wrong name on Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.