Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Podcast Image

I have a podcast currently up and ran my rss feed through soundcloud. I have now changed the logo in soundcloud but in Itunes it still shows my old logo. I never had to upload an image into podcast connect when I first created the pod so how would I change this?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 6:41 AM

I don't see any option to add an image URL in podcast connect. The only URL option is the actually RSS podcast feed. I change images per show and I'm at a complete loss of how I can update just the image. All my images have different filenames too.

7 replies

Feb 6, 2018 1:54 PM in response to rashadcharles

You can't change the image in Podcasts Connect, only in the feed: you would enter the new image URL in the feed and republish it. It's important that the new image has a different filename, or the Store (which caches the feed) won't know it's changed: and obviously it must be compliant with the requirements - minimum 1400 x 1400 px, maximum 3000 x 3000 px, JPG or PNG, RGB, and file size lass than 500kB.

Feb 18, 2018 7:50 AM in response to Philaflava

As I said above, you can't change images in Podcasts Connect, only in the feed: you would enter the new image URLs in the feed and republish it. It's important that the new images hae a different filename, or the Store (which caches the feed) won't know they have changed: and obviously they must be compliant with the requirements - minimum 1400 x 1400 px, maximum 3000 x 3000 px, JPG or PNG, RGB, and file size lass than 500kB.

Note however that the episode images which appear in small form in at the top of iTunes (on a computer) when playing (and in large form when that is clicked) have to be actually embedded in the media file - please see this page. The images in the 'itunes:image' tags in the feed don't appear when subscribing in iTunes, and only in the Search results in the iTunes Store, though they may appear in the Podcasts app (I'm not familar with that).

Mar 14, 2018 11:11 AM in response to KregStewart

The relevant image URL is carried in the 'itunes:image' tag in the top section of the feed for the image which appears in the iTunes Store, and within each 'item' tag for the small images which appear against each episode found in the Search results. I can't advise on how you enter these image URLs into SoundCloud but there must presumably be a place for you to do it: I can only refer you to their Help pages.

Change Podcast Image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.