Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop Up stays on Safari web page of Disney.

How do I remove "stags.bluekai.com" from my mac?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 7:52 AM

This is actually not a malware or adware issue. This problem is, unfortunately, normal with Mac OS X 10.9.

Recently, 10.9 systems began to have problems verifying certificates for certain sites. The bluekai.com sites, as well as the Oracle site (who owns bluekai.com), are among the affected sites.

I am not clear at this point what the cause of the problem is, but I have been able to confirm this behavior on a freshly-installed, clean 10.9 system.

Unfortunately, there are only two options available to you. One is to upgrade or downgrade your system. Mac OS X 10.10 and higher do not suffer from this problem, and strangely, for whatever reason, Mac OS X 10.8 is also not affected.

The other option is to stop using Safari and switch to Chrome or Firefox.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2018 7:52 AM in response to Rev2221

This is actually not a malware or adware issue. This problem is, unfortunately, normal with Mac OS X 10.9.

Recently, 10.9 systems began to have problems verifying certificates for certain sites. The bluekai.com sites, as well as the Oracle site (who owns bluekai.com), are among the affected sites.

I am not clear at this point what the cause of the problem is, but I have been able to confirm this behavior on a freshly-installed, clean 10.9 system.

Unfortunately, there are only two options available to you. One is to upgrade or downgrade your system. Mac OS X 10.10 and higher do not suffer from this problem, and strangely, for whatever reason, Mac OS X 10.8 is also not affected.

The other option is to stop using Safari and switch to Chrome or Firefox.

Feb 6, 2018 5:39 PM in response to Rev2221

command w to close the Window

or click somewhere else on your Mac's Desktop and close Safari with Menu > Apple > Force Quit if you have to.

To prevent Safari reopening that same website hold down the shift key on relaunching Safari.

Hunt around and see if you can get some anti-adware and in Safari:

Menu > Safari Preferences > Security > check Block pop-up windows

Peter

Feb 12, 2018 7:56 AM in response to CountryGirl56

CountryGirl56 wrote:

Thomas, I'm not sure I understand your comment. The user's profile says they are on 10.8.5 not 10.9. FWIW, I don't get pop ups on Disney.com on either 10.8 or 10.9.

Those profiles on this site are notoriously inaccurate... either outdated because they've never been updated or just plain wrong in the first place. We also don't know if that's the same Disney site.... Disney has lots of sites.

In any case, there is a known issue with 10.9 right now with exactly these symptoms, so it's likely that that is the cause.

Feb 12, 2018 8:03 AM in response to thomas_r.

Thanks for the information. I have 10.9.5 and can't upgrade till I figure how to convert my iPhotos to Photo software. My Mac is 8 yrs old and slowing down. I'm closer to getting a new one though. I've decided it's easier, for now, to simply use Firefox when I want to go to the Disney website. Thanks for this answer.

Pop Up stays on Safari web page of Disney.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.