Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Model A1778 cellular Network "No Service" issue

I own iPhone 7(Model A1778), currently running on OS 11.2.5, issue existed in earlier OS versions as well.

I get the "No service" issue and also the 4G/3G/2G is very weak.

When others with the same carrier at the same location are able to get a strong network.

Actions already performed :

1. Have reset my phone multiple times, remove the sim & inserted back many times.

2. Discussed with the Carrier Customer Care and got the latest settings.

Tested the same sim with the different phone :

1. With the Phone containing, Qualcomm modem was able to make Video call and at the same location and carrier my iPhone was unable to make the basic voice call.

2. With the Phone containing, Qualcomm modem was able to play YouTube videos and at the same location and carrier, my iPhone was unable to load google home page.

Information from the internet search:

iPhone started using the Intel modem and model A1778 has an Intel modem.

If anyone already faced this issue and got a fix/solution please share.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.5, Model A1778

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 5:24 AM

I have a new 4G sim.

For some models there is a drive for free fix iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support.

But Model A1778 is not mentioned and also I bought the iPhone online in India. so wanted to know if others are also facing the same issue with the model A1778.

13 replies

Feb 10, 2018 1:45 PM in response to Danny2973

I called apple and asked if I could go back to my previous software because since I downloaded 11.2.5 on my iPhone 7 its been saying searching. They talked me throug redolwloading the software, however, it did not work and can actually fry your phone completely. Anyway, so I pushed it further with iPhone tech on the phone and said so how am I covered with this since it wasn’t my fault and a software problem? He transferred me to the executive and from there the executive gave me a case number with an exception to swap phones. I went to the apply store and was handed a brand new phone for free! The diagnostic problem was that the antenna was burnt due to downloading the software. Apparently the first 6 month of iPhone produced for Verizon and Sprint have this issue. I’m so glad I made all the call that I did. I was about to buy a brand new phone. I contacted sprint and went into the apple store the day before calling apple and nobody mentioned the software problem. Apparently the software issue just happened last Sat. Anyway I hope this saves some people some trouble! Make sure you talk to someone higher up on the apple line and make sure they write an exception for your case. Good luck!

iPhone Model A1778 cellular Network "No Service" issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.