Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to burn playlist to cd

I am trying to burn a playlist to a cd, but the option for that is gray. How can I get access to that option?

iPod classic, Windows 2000

Posted on Feb 7, 2018 6:45 AM

8 replies

Feb 7, 2018 8:37 AM in response to debrafrompittsburgh

There was a general issue burning CDs with iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows at anything over 2x speed.

iTunes 12.7.3.46 for Windows has been released which appears to burn CDs normally.

It can be downloaded from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. Some regional sites may supply an older version.

When burning use the right-click context menu on the playlist in the sidebar. File > Burn Playlist to Disc still seems to be unreliable.

If you still have problems try the second box of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

(2.0.4 is probably the version number of your iPod classic firmware)

tt2

Feb 8, 2018 4:39 AM in response to debrafrompittsburgh

debrafrompittsburgh wrote:

I also did not find any troubleshooting issues for my problem in the many updates that were listed.

The second box of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates contains detailed advice for thoroughly removing iTunes and all its supporting components before reinstalling, which may resolve a variety of issues that might arise on individual machines.

tt2

Feb 7, 2018 6:52 AM in response to debrafrompittsburgh

Are you using iTunes on a Mac or Windows device? you have iPod and Windows 2000 in your sig.

First, make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.

The files should be in a playlist if they are not already. If the option is still greyed out then there may bean issue with the software locating a burner attached or built in to your computer, I suggest a reboot in this situation and if problems persist post back with what you have already tired.

Feb 8, 2018 4:35 AM in response to debrafrompittsburgh

debrafrompittsburgh wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I did download the 12.7.3.46 version of ITunes, but the option to burn playlist to cd is still

disabled on my pc.

Use the right-click context menu rather than File > Burn Playlist to Disc. The latter may be trying to burn the wrong list, and the option will be greyed out if the active list isn't suitable.

tt2

unable to burn playlist to cd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.