Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reservation at the Genius Bar?

How do I make a reservation at the Genius Bar at a store near me?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 8:07 AM

9 replies

Feb 8, 2018 8:51 AM in response to GooseMT

Well what are you wanting to schedule an appointment for? A hardware issue, an macOS issue, etc? Because when I go through those steps, I get the view below. If you aren't getting that, then as I suggested above, call your local Apple store and schedule and appointment, or just talk to Apple phone support at 1-800-MY-APPLE and they can also set you up an appointment. User uploaded file

Feb 8, 2018 9:12 AM in response to stuartjash

CrashBurner, I do not see the screen above. That is the difference with living in a highly congested area. No option for "Bring in for Repair" on my screen. So I call the store near me and I am sent to the general Apple Support center, no one at the store picks up. After 45 minutes with Apple Support, they wind up making the appointment for me, because they do not know why I can't see this option.

It turns out that the only way to make an appointment or see the mythical option of "Bring in for Repair" is to go through the algorithm stating that something is physically wrong with your device, like a "broken button." No matter that phone support struck out with helping you on the issue. You just have to make it up (I am not in the habit of fibbing), because as a grown adult who is willing to get myself physically to a store for help, Apple seems to think that I need to meet their criteria to be able to see the option of scheduling an appointment.

Reservation at the Genius Bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.