Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can use charger ipad for iPhone 6s

Can use charger ipad for iphone 6s

Posted on Feb 8, 2018 10:28 AM

13 replies

Feb 8, 2018 10:39 AM in response to mohamad294

Not generally a problem. There is a debate as to whether or not it's best for battery longevity, but Apple fully supports it as safe to use. They do "recommend" using the type of power adapter that came with the device.

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power adapter - Apple Support

You can use Apple 12W and 10W USB power adapters to charge your iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple Watch, and other Apple accessories, like AirPods and Siri Remote. Just connect your device to the power adapter with the Lightning to USB Cable, 30-pin to USB cable, or Apple Watch charger that came with your device.

Using an Apple 12W or 10W USB power adapter charges some Apple devices and accessories faster than a 5W power adapter.

About Apple USB Power Adapters - Apple

When you need to charge your iPhone or iPad, we recommend that you use the USB power adapter and USB cable that come standard with your device.

Feb 8, 2018 12:18 PM in response to mohamad294

mohamad294 wrote:

How to identify the main charger, main cable and headphone

I'm just taking a guess at your question, which I believe is what are the items that come with an iPhone 6s in the box?

If that's it, then here goes.......

This is the US power adapter (what some people inaccurately call a "charger"). It may be different in other countries that use different power plugs.

Apple 5W USB Power Adapter - Apple

This is the cable.

Lightning to USB Cable (1 m) - Apple

This may not be the latest version:

EarPods with 3.5 mm Headphone Plug - Apple

Here's an article that mentions what should be in the box with a new iPhone 6s:

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/55f0e8b6e4b0ffa7afe47e43/iphone-6s-and-6s-plus-b ig/#5140fde52a4f

Feb 8, 2018 10:49 AM in response to mohamad294

mohamad294 wrote:

Amps are said to be causing too much trouble for the iPhone

There's no safety risk, but if you ask one of the resident battery enthusiasts here, he says that he uses the 5W power adapter overnight to reduce heat generated. I say if you want to use an iPad adapter, feel free to do so.

I use an 12W USB power adapter, along with several supplies with 2100 mA/10.5W output including a car power adapter, an aftermarket adapter, and my MacBook Pro. I rarely use a 5W one. I think mine is still in the box, although I have my old one that came with an iPhone 4s. I don't worry too much. If there's a difference in longevity I feel it's outweighed by the convenience of faster charging.

The charging is controlled by the phone itself. The 6s won't take in more than 2100 mA from a power adapter. A USB-A power supply is nothing more than a "dumb" regulated voltage source that is also current limited. If the supply is limited to current less than the iPhone's max, it will just use whatever it can. As it approaches being full, it will start to slow down the charging current.

Feb 8, 2018 12:10 PM in response to mohamad294

mohamad294 wrote:

So, according to Apple, there is no danger to the iPhone and battery

No danger. No problem. I do it myself.

The only thing is that the battery **might** suffer less degradation (loss of battery capacity) if charged with a 5W power adapter compared to a 10W or even higher power adapter or connected directly to a Mac's USB port. It would be a matter of the amount of heat generated during charging, where a lower charging rate should create less heat. If there is any difference, I don't think it's much difference.

Can use charger ipad for iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.