Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Fail! Setup Failed -6722

Brand new HomePod, latest version of iOS on iPhoneX.

Speaker automatically detects my device and I commence setup process.

A long wait and then finally: Setup Failed -6722

No information about this anywhere - but I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Seriously unhappy Apple.

Terrible experience - stuck with no way to move forward.

Any fixes?

null-OTHER, iOS 11.2.5, HomePod

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 1:25 PM

If you're seeing Setup Failed -6722 it's unlikely to be a network router issue. More likely to be a problem with your Home app. Can you open your Home app? Is it stuck in "Loading Accessories"? If you wait 30 minutes and then go back to Home app it should offer you to "Reconfigure" your HomeKit. If that doesn't appear you'll likely need to sign out of iCloud and sign back in to fix this. Once your Home app opens successfully you should be able to complete setup.

Similar questions

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2018 1:25 PM in response to diehard007

If you're seeing Setup Failed -6722 it's unlikely to be a network router issue. More likely to be a problem with your Home app. Can you open your Home app? Is it stuck in "Loading Accessories"? If you wait 30 minutes and then go back to Home app it should offer you to "Reconfigure" your HomeKit. If that doesn't appear you'll likely need to sign out of iCloud and sign back in to fix this. Once your Home app opens successfully you should be able to complete setup.

Feb 27, 2018 6:46 PM in response to lachbad

Fixes that have worked with varying degrees of success...

• HomePod requires both two-factor authentication and iCloud Keychain to be turned on, make sure this is the case.
  • Log out of iCloud and then log back in
  • Reset Homepod
  • Start Homekit setup again from scratch
  • Further information and solutions here:

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/14/homepod-setup-troubleshooting/

Feb 9, 2018 9:18 AM in response to lachbad

Not sure this will be of help or might guild others. Purchased two Homepods. The first one took me 3 hours to setup. Error code 6722. Could not work out the problem. Phoned Apple support and they were working through the problem until they asked me to reset my wi/ fi. Lost the phone! My last thoughts, I turned off my Sonos which are upstairs Just incase thet were interfering with the setup. Hey, presto the setup went through OK. My 2nd HomePod took a minute to setup with my sonos unplugged

This may help to guild people.........please take in the spirit it is intended

Feb 9, 2018 11:13 PM in response to Eddie2437

Im also experiencing this issue. Ive tried everything. Ive reset the network settings, Ive reset all settings, And I'm currently DFU'ing my phone for the second time. I'm going to set it up as new to rule out potential software corruption. But I doubt thats the problem to be honest. I feel as if Apple released an unfinished product. shame.

Feb 13, 2018 5:22 PM in response to Snoop Dogg

Thanks Snoop Dogg. At first I was impatient and didn't wait the 30 minutes. So I signed out of iCloud, and did all the other things you suggested. That didn't work. But on my last try, I decided to wait thirty minutes after the Home App got hung up. Sure enough that approach worked. Thanks again. That was my last attempt before taking it back.

Feb 27, 2018 4:45 PM in response to lachbad

I was having setup issues. My HomePod failed again and again. It occurred to me that other Mac OS or iOS devices might be interfering. I shutdown my iPad, my wife’s iPhone, my iMac and put my Apple Watch in another room. I then followed the Apple recommendations and my HomePod did a complete setup (in one try), successfully!! I can’t say this is the answer, but it worked for me. I also left my HomePod unplugged for 10-15 minutes before making this attempt.

HomePod Fail! Setup Failed -6722

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.