Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I configure HIIT to plan a training session with haptics telling me when to start, stop, etc like Garmin watch does?

How can I configure HIIT to plan a training session with haptics telling me when to start, stop, etc like Garmin watch does?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2018 1:02 AM

Hi

That is not currently possible via the built-in Workout app.

The HIIT activity type is available within the Workout app under watchOS 4.x:

Whilst a HIIT activity type is included, it is not possible to set a schedule of intervals using the Workout app.

For that purpose, you may find that a third-party app meets your needs. Apps that you may wish to consider include, for example:

Intervals

Runmeter

• "Built from the ground up for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more."

To browse and search for these and/or other third-party apps with the results pre-filtered to include only those iPhone apps that also include an app for Apple Watch, use the Watch app on your iPhone. Apps can be searched by keyword or app name via the Search tab. Follow the instructions here to add and use compatible apps on your Apple Watch:

Use apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2018 1:02 AM in response to evanfromales

Hi

That is not currently possible via the built-in Workout app.

The HIIT activity type is available within the Workout app under watchOS 4.x:

Whilst a HIIT activity type is included, it is not possible to set a schedule of intervals using the Workout app.

For that purpose, you may find that a third-party app meets your needs. Apps that you may wish to consider include, for example:

Intervals

Runmeter

• "Built from the ground up for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more."

To browse and search for these and/or other third-party apps with the results pre-filtered to include only those iPhone apps that also include an app for Apple Watch, use the Watch app on your iPhone. Apps can be searched by keyword or app name via the Search tab. Follow the instructions here to add and use compatible apps on your Apple Watch:

Use apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.