Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup Failed 301014

Another setup, another failure. This time I used a different wifi network and at least managed to get to the point where I'm asked for my AppleID password, but I still get a failed setup, error 301014. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 1:55 PM

I solved this issue by changing the region of my Apple ID to the US, and also using one same Apple ID for both iCloud and iTunes & App Store. I had this issue previously and on my iPad, when the iCloud account is a foreign account, and the iTunes & App Store account is a US one. After activation, you can change the account setting for the HomePod in the Home App on your device to whichever one you want.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2018 1:55 PM in response to MapReadingKing

I solved this issue by changing the region of my Apple ID to the US, and also using one same Apple ID for both iCloud and iTunes & App Store. I had this issue previously and on my iPad, when the iCloud account is a foreign account, and the iTunes & App Store account is a US one. After activation, you can change the account setting for the HomePod in the Home App on your device to whichever one you want.

Setup Failed 301014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.