Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music songs not downloading

Hello,

recently faced such problem:
while trying to download song to listen it offline, i am just seeing constanly moving so to say "download circle" near the song name in Apple Music and nothing happens. it started like 4 days ago

what can be done?

appreciate your help

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 8:17 PM

Since I had the same problem, and this other reply doesn’t really answer it, I figured I’d add how I fixed it on my phone. I went to settings, music, turned off iCloud music (or something like that), and then restarted the phone. When it powered back on, iCloud music was back on by itself, and I could download songs again. Hope that fixes your problem like it fixed mine.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2018 8:17 PM in response to Yudanova

Since I had the same problem, and this other reply doesn’t really answer it, I figured I’d add how I fixed it on my phone. I went to settings, music, turned off iCloud music (or something like that), and then restarted the phone. When it powered back on, iCloud music was back on by itself, and I could download songs again. Hope that fixes your problem like it fixed mine.

Feb 9, 2018 4:51 PM in response to Yudanova

Hi, Yudanova!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having some trouble downloading songs from Apple Music for offline listening. I listen to music on the go every day, and I don't always have an internet connection--so I know how important being able to download the songs are! I'm happy to help.

Based on what you've described in your post, I would recommend utilizing the steps in the " You can't download, play, or access songs. " section of Get help with iCloud Music Library - Apple Support , which you can find below:

If you can't download, play, or access songs

First check iTunes to see if the song is ineligible for upload. Additionally, if you added the song to your library from the Apple Music catalog, it might no longer be available on Apple Music.

Check your Internet connection

Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or a web browser on your PC, and go to any website to make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or Internet connection.

If you can't connect to a Wi-Fi network on your iOS device, you can try using cellular data:

1. Go to Settings > App and iTunes Stores.
  2. Turn on Use Cellular Data.

You might have to pay a fee to download over a cellular network. Contact your wireless carrier for details, and learn about cellular data settings and usage.

Have a great day, and happy listening!

Apple Music songs not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.