Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrist pain from Apple Watch

Has anyone experienced wrist joint pain from using the Apple Watch ?

I have and it’s getting to the point where I can’t even do my daily job functions, which include typing .

I’ve contact Apple support and thought I was crazy for even suggesting it comes from the Watch.

I’m 100% sure it’s from the Watch because when I take it off and in a few days the pain disappears.

Help !!!

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 6:50 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2018 8:00 AM in response to ygy

Hi

Some people can experience reactions to certain materials - such as nickel - that are in prolonged contact with their skin.

If you experience redness, swelling, itchiness or any other irritation or any other kind of pain or discomfort around or beneath your watch or band, Apple suggests that you remove your Apple Watch and consult a doctor / physician before wearing it again.

Skin reactions can be a result of various causes including:

• Allergies (eg to nickel).
  • Extended exposure to irritants (eg soap or sweat).
  • Environmental factors.
  • Wearing the band too tightly or too loosely.

If, in your particular case, your doctor has advised against wearing your watch, then I suggest that you follow her advice.

More information, including tips from Apple:

Feb 9, 2018 6:58 AM in response to ygy

There are several other threads here about wrist issues with the Apple Watch. It appears that it may not fit your wrist well, and may be causing the pain. Not everyone can wear the Apple Watch. You might want to check with a physician to see if there is a problem with it impacting a nerve in your wrist area.

This is what Apple provides as far as wearing your Apple Watch. Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support You may wish to try adjusting the location on your wrist, and checking to make sure it is not too tight, or too loose.

Wrist pain from Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.