Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know I have an upgradable version of Logic Pro X?

Less than a year ago, I bought Logic Pro X (10.3.1) from a 3rd party for under $90. The page said nothing about it being some special non upgradable version, and now I suspect it is. Is there any way to know for sure (like a serial #)? Is there any way to upgrade at a lower price, if so? thx

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Hmmm, you cannot buy a legit Logic X from a 3rd party. I'm afraid you got mislead and whoever sold you it has sold you a pirated copy.

All Logic X purchases are done through your Apple ID and the App Store. That is your authentication and pathway to free updates, and, as such, there is no serial number. So it's not a special non-upgradable version, it's just the App Store won't recognise your purchase and so the updates will not be available to you.

I'm afraid you've been the victim here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2018 9:50 AM in response to 9five

Hmmm, you cannot buy a legit Logic X from a 3rd party. I'm afraid you got mislead and whoever sold you it has sold you a pirated copy.

All Logic X purchases are done through your Apple ID and the App Store. That is your authentication and pathway to free updates, and, as such, there is no serial number. So it's not a special non-upgradable version, it's just the App Store won't recognise your purchase and so the updates will not be available to you.

I'm afraid you've been the victim here.

How do I know I have an upgradable version of Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.