Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive shows incorrect storage

Hello folks.

I'm having a problem with my iCloud storage.

It is empty as you can see on a screenshot below User uploaded file

However, it also tells me that it is almost full over here

User uploaded file

Same thing all on my devices.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

p.s. sorry but I couldn't add this post to iCloud section for some reason.

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 6:55 PM

Had the same problem. It was solved though I am enraged and thoroughly dissatisfied with their reasons for why this happens.

Whenever you see an excessive amount of storage that's counted toward "Docs" and nothing on your device actually accounts for those documents, you need to call Apple and ask for a senior adviser.

The following gibberish response was what I got from them:

"Apple reserves a certain amount of space to ensure you are not using all of your storage. When you see your icloud storage full, you have to call us and ask us to 'release' this space"

The senior adviser I spoke to (will not name) gave me this **** and bull rubbish, nonsense reason for why I had 23.6 GB, yes GIGAbytes of my 50 GB upgraded storage withheld from me. My husband has the same upgraded storage plan and his icloud functions exactly like it should. His "Docs" (withheld storage - if that is even real) amounted to a measly 1GB with 37+ GB of 50GB used. Go figure!

I've had to deal with 'Icloud full' messages for the last 3 weeks. I'd keep deleting something hoping the space will eventually be freed until I actually went and looked at the actual use of the space.

So yeah - Solution is go call Apple, Ask for a senior adviser. They need to manually "release" this reserved/withheld/whatever the eff storage for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2018 6:55 PM in response to sparr0vsk1

Had the same problem. It was solved though I am enraged and thoroughly dissatisfied with their reasons for why this happens.

Whenever you see an excessive amount of storage that's counted toward "Docs" and nothing on your device actually accounts for those documents, you need to call Apple and ask for a senior adviser.

The following gibberish response was what I got from them:

"Apple reserves a certain amount of space to ensure you are not using all of your storage. When you see your icloud storage full, you have to call us and ask us to 'release' this space"

The senior adviser I spoke to (will not name) gave me this **** and bull rubbish, nonsense reason for why I had 23.6 GB, yes GIGAbytes of my 50 GB upgraded storage withheld from me. My husband has the same upgraded storage plan and his icloud functions exactly like it should. His "Docs" (withheld storage - if that is even real) amounted to a measly 1GB with 37+ GB of 50GB used. Go figure!

I've had to deal with 'Icloud full' messages for the last 3 weeks. I'd keep deleting something hoping the space will eventually be freed until I actually went and looked at the actual use of the space.

So yeah - Solution is go call Apple, Ask for a senior adviser. They need to manually "release" this reserved/withheld/whatever the eff storage for you.

Feb 10, 2018 9:15 AM in response to sparr0vsk1

Hello sparr0vsk1,

It looks like you are running out of space in your iCloud Storage. Managing your iCloud Storage is important. Thank you for providing those screenshots. Based on those screenshots, the first one shows iCloud Drive. The second one shows the actual iCloud Storage. That is the one that you want to be looking at. It does appear that you are almost out of storage based on the information provided in that screenshot. The following article goes over ways to help you manage your iCloud Storage.

Manage your iCloud storage

If you find that you may need a higher storage plan, here are the iCloud storage plan options:

iCloud storage plans and pricing

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Have a great weekend!

iCloud Drive shows incorrect storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.