Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login requesting ID that isn't mine

When trying to update apps or download music in iTunes on my 4th gen iPad, I receive a request to login to my daughter's apple account, even though all of the account settings on my iPad have my email address listed as my Apple ID. Any suggestions as to how to have Apple recognize my ID for login?

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 4:47 PM

The apps that are asking for your daughter's password were purchased under her Apple account. So, you either have to supply her password when requested, or you will have to delete those apps and re-purchase or re-download them under your Apple account (the one you have signed into the iTunes & App Store now).

Cheers,

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2018 4:47 PM in response to Mlj9592

The apps that are asking for your daughter's password were purchased under her Apple account. So, you either have to supply her password when requested, or you will have to delete those apps and re-purchase or re-download them under your Apple account (the one you have signed into the iTunes & App Store now).

Cheers,

GB

Login requesting ID that isn't mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.