Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod keeps switching itself off

My HomePod keeps switching off, causing a speaker pop sound.

HomePod

Posted on Feb 10, 2018 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 8:01 AM

Popping certainly doesn't sound right. Try resetting the device: Reset HomePod - Apple Support. If the issue persists then contact HomePod - Official Apple Support and ask about a warranty exchange.

tt2

7 replies

Feb 10, 2018 6:46 AM in response to Waymen

After a few hours of use I've also had a few songs that stopped playback mid-stream. The audio just stops, I think it is a network problem, the HomePod drops the internet connection to the music stream. However, there is no "popping" sound as reported by TheMasonLives.

In my case, I don't think it is defective hardware, just a software bug.

Feb 23, 2018 10:51 PM in response to Waymen

I just posted a similar issue yesterday myself. The streaming of radio seems problematic for me as it streams for a while then suddenly stops. Then maybe about 2 or more minutes later it sometimes resumes. I haven’t had any problem streaming my music, but have been noticing this probl m with radio streaming. What’s even more puzzling is that the home app shows the HomePod to be ’playing’ even though it obviously isn’t.

Mar 1, 2018 9:23 AM in response to katchan65

I have the same issue. No popping ever as the OP describes. But when streaming via AirPlay using the Music or Podcast apps music will play for a random amount of minutes then stop.

The first time this happens the iOS device shows that it has paused. The second time this happens the iOS device thinks it is still playing.

I have reset the HomePod. I have restarted iOS devices. I have restarted router and modem. I have made a bug report to Apple. I have reached out to other HomePod owners in forums like this.

Still no solution at the moment.

HomePod keeps switching itself off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.