Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Problem Sharing Music with my other Computer

334 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2007 12:11 AM by zpdd7 RSS
RyanWAdams Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 23, 2007 10:02 AM
Ok, I have two Mac's....a MB Pro, and a Mac Mini. The MM has ALL of my iTunes files stored on it, in it's entirety.

I just want to have some random music on my MB Pro. Is there a way I can drag a playlist from my Mac Mini to my MB Pro besides burning a CD/DVD of the files?

I see the Mac Mini songs on my iTunes Sharing Folder on my MB Pro.
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
  • varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (167,195 points)
    Jan 23, 2007 10:06 AM (in response to RyanWAdams)
    Answered in your previous post with the same question.

Regards.
    Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 2GB, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
  • varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (167,195 points)
    Jan 23, 2007 11:00 AM (in response to RyanWAdams)
    If you want to be able to create playlists separately from those on your mini, you have to copy the tracks to your MacBook Pro, and it can't be done via iTunes Sharing. So unless I'm not understanding what it is you want to accomplish, no, there's no other way.
    Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 2GB, Mac OS X (10.4.8)
  • zpdd7 Calculating status...
    Jan 24, 2007 12:11 AM (in response to RyanWAdams)
    If you don't mind copying the random music into another folder on the MM, thus being a bit redundant and taking up more space, that you want on your Mac Book Pro here is my solution.

Copy what you want into another folder on the MM.
    When networked, mount the MM as a network drive.
    Open the MBP iTunes and designate its Library as being in the folder on the MM.
    Should work this way.

If you really want randomization of the music in that folder you could play with Automator to replace those files at intervals. Not entirely sure how I would achieve that, but it should be possible.

Best-
    MacBook Pro 1.83, iMac G3 450 20G & 120G, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.