Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Bootcamp Keyboard issues...

I run a MBP Mid 2014, Mac OSX 10.11.6 with a Windows 10 64 bit Bootcamp partition for work. I've installed latest Windows updates within the partition and ran Bootcamp assistant 6.0.1.

My issue is in regards to Keyboard drivers allowing me to use my Apple keyboard on my MBP with windows.

I'm able to use my mac keyboard when in OSX fine (I'm using it for this question) and was fine for a long time and able to boot up into my windows partition and sign in with no issue whatsoever.

At some point around July last year the issues starting appearing. I run Digico Mixing desk offline control software, Unreal and Unity game engine software and Reaper/Audacity audio software within windows and was finding that after a while the keyboard wasn't working. It was occurring once i'd signed in to Windows following a successful sign in upon boot up. I'd be able to hear the sound that keystrokes were being made, but no actions were being taken. I only found that prolonged pressing of the key (for 3secs+) was able to register as a input. Believe me its frustrating reinstalling drivers and having to sign in to windows using the 3secs per keystroke method on an alpha-numeric password!

I've run Bootcamp Assistant to download the latest support software, searched for the latest versions of the Apple Keyboard Installer 64 driver, and nothing seems to be working. I've been in to Apple for other reasons and casually asked what it might be and the Genius suggested its the drivers, which led me to re-installing them.

Are there any suggestions short of doing a full Bootcamp re-install?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 10, 2018 8:01 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 10, 2018 11:59 AM in response to Loner T

In HID there are: Apple Keyboard, Apple Multi-touch, Apple Wireless Mouse, HID-compliant consumer control device x2, HID compliant device, USB Input device.

I've tried with external USB keyboards too and no joy, same issue with 2-3 sec delay. Also, I tried using the on screen keyboard which cleared up the issue when it first started occurring last year but now it doesn't clear it.

Its a real head scratcher.

Windows Bootcamp Keyboard issues...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.