Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my emails to my pc from my iPhone

I have my own domain name and I use MS Outlook on my laptop to view, send, and receive emails, and have the account setup on my iPhone as well. I recently re-setup my phone and laptop to have the IMAP settings instead of the POP settings (so my emails would sync regardless of where I am sending them from).

What I want to do is backup (sync) the emails that I have on my phone to my PC email (outlook) program and can't seem to find a way to do that??? Please help!

I have tried to use iTunes and it would not give me the option to backup my emails at all, and I can't seem to find any other directions on how to do this.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Feb 10, 2018 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2018 12:49 PM

Email does not sync from device to device; computers, phones, tablets or anything else. This is not just iPhones, it is all devices that can receive email. All email sync is server to device. If the accounts are POP you must download the emails from the server on each platform, which is why most users do not use POP anymore. When POP was invented almost 30 years ago no one ever thought that a user would have more than one device to receive email. If you want email to sync you must set up the account as IMAP, MS Exchange, or one of the other syncing email systems (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc).

There is a setting for POP that leaves the messages on the server after downloading them. Normally iPhones default to this setting, and computer default to deleting from the server after downloading.

But if your email server isn't set to IMAP or some other syncing protocol there is no way to get messages from one platform to another without forwarding them to yourself.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2018 12:49 PM in response to LBDinc

Email does not sync from device to device; computers, phones, tablets or anything else. This is not just iPhones, it is all devices that can receive email. All email sync is server to device. If the accounts are POP you must download the emails from the server on each platform, which is why most users do not use POP anymore. When POP was invented almost 30 years ago no one ever thought that a user would have more than one device to receive email. If you want email to sync you must set up the account as IMAP, MS Exchange, or one of the other syncing email systems (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc).

There is a setting for POP that leaves the messages on the server after downloading them. Normally iPhones default to this setting, and computer default to deleting from the server after downloading.

But if your email server isn't set to IMAP or some other syncing protocol there is no way to get messages from one platform to another without forwarding them to yourself.

Feb 10, 2018 11:17 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Unfortunately, that isn't happening, Lawrence.

Also, I had already copied the emails that were sent from my iPhone (when on the POP account settings) to another folder on my phone, but I am still not seeing them populate in my Outlook.

Is there no way to backup the emails that I have sent through my iPhone to my PC (more specifically to my Outlook)?

How do I sync my emails to my pc from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.