Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect back to a WiFi network that had no connection issues before?

I have done everything I found in the support section and I still cannot connect to a network that I have been connected to for the past several days. To fix a low volume issue last evening I rebooted and held down command option R and P and that solved the low volume issue. Today I went to a coffee house and connected to their WiFi and watched some Netflix. I now am back at the residence where I am staying and my MacBook Air will no longer connect to the network. My phone connects and has internet access and that is how I am writing this post. I’ve done everything I know and everything I read. Can someone please help me resolve this issue? Do you have any recommendations on what I can do? Thank you for you time and any guidance you can provide. -S

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB

Posted on Feb 10, 2018 6:24 PM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2018 3:31 AM in response to tygb

I found those articles before and looked at them again after you sent. They have great information.

When I opened my MacBook this morning WiFi is connected and work. I am not sure what happened; all I know is that I am relieved. First-world problem resolved magically.

Thank you for your time and shooting me those support articles.

Feb 11, 2018 5:01 AM in response to sicjoy

As location was set automatically , in system preferences > network the box join this network automatically was checked and the old settings Like correct DNS settings , WPA2 personal was saved .

So when you came at home you clicked on your network name the Mac was connected to your network .

if you wish to delete the hotel wifi network and its settings click on advance , select it and click on subtract sign it will prompt would you like to delete " that " network name from iCloud Keychain click on yes because , if you are using iCloud Keychain and in safari preferences autofill is checked the hotel network encrypted password had filled in keychain access .

How can I connect back to a WiFi network that had no connection issues before?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.