Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID issue

So i got the new Iphone 8. As i created my new Apple ID, i went to Download much needed apps for my phone, but as i do this I keep getting the message "Apple ID Locked: Your Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. To unlock it, you must verify your identity" But when even i select unlock account; it takes me to change password which i have done this step twice now and this **** is annoying. I created the Apple ID on the phone and have answered my questions over and over so what do i need to do to stop this and allow myself to continue on as a normal phone user.

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 8:09 AM

Hi Zach,

If roaminggnome's suggestion does not work, then either one of two things is the case: 1. Your Apple ID really HAS been locked and you need to reset it, or 2. You are getting a phishing message on your iPhone 8 from one of your apps. To reset your Apple ID and verify that you really DO need to sign in, you can navigate on your computer's web browser to iCloud.com and sign in. If you experience troubles with signing in to your Apple account, please read this support article. If all of these steps don't cause any issues and your phone is STILL not working, I would recommend restarting your iPhone and, if that doesn't work, resetting it and starting over with setup. It might be a pain, but it is worth it to make sure that you don't accidentally give your Apple ID to a rogue app (not likely, but possible in theory).

Hope this helps,

zfJames

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2018 8:09 AM in response to zachfromulysses

Hi Zach,

If roaminggnome's suggestion does not work, then either one of two things is the case: 1. Your Apple ID really HAS been locked and you need to reset it, or 2. You are getting a phishing message on your iPhone 8 from one of your apps. To reset your Apple ID and verify that you really DO need to sign in, you can navigate on your computer's web browser to iCloud.com and sign in. If you experience troubles with signing in to your Apple account, please read this support article. If all of these steps don't cause any issues and your phone is STILL not working, I would recommend restarting your iPhone and, if that doesn't work, resetting it and starting over with setup. It might be a pain, but it is worth it to make sure that you don't accidentally give your Apple ID to a rogue app (not likely, but possible in theory).

Hope this helps,

zfJames

Apple ID issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.