Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on external hard drive

I'd like to move my photo collection onto an external hard drive. I have a Seagate Backup Plus drive. How do I do this?

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 9:25 AM

First make sure the drive is formatted correctly. It must be as should be as shown in this screenshot:

User uploaded file

Then just drag the library from your Pictures folder to the external HD and let it be copied. When the copying is completed double click on the library on the EHD to open and verify that all is well before deleting the one in your Pictures folder.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2018 9:25 AM in response to Petruc53

First make sure the drive is formatted correctly. It must be as should be as shown in this screenshot:

User uploaded file

Then just drag the library from your Pictures folder to the external HD and let it be copied. When the copying is completed double click on the library on the EHD to open and verify that all is well before deleting the one in your Pictures folder.

User uploaded file

Photos on external hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.