Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading photos from iPhone SE to PC

Hello, I have few questions regarding downloading photos : 1. When I connect a cable from the iPhone to the computer I get the same notice : the pc can’t read the device I tried three different cables and three different PCs. Is there something I need to update in the iPhone Settings ? 2. I just downloaded Icloud to my computer - I can’t see any of the photos. I get only the upload photos button. The download isn’t available. Please help ! There are lots of so important pics and I can’t see them or save them. Thanks so much

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 12:53 PM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2018 7:28 AM in response to adi238

Greetings, adi238.

It appears that you're facing a couple of issues transferring and from your iPhone SE, and downloading them from iCloud Photo Library. The Windows PCs you've tried to transfer your photos to can't read your iPhone and you're only presented with uploading photos to iCloud Photo Library. I know how important your photos and videos are, and I'm happy to help.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Review the information in this article and apply any changes that are necessary.

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photos app:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photos app:

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.

Learn what to do if you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

If you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer -- If you're still unable to import your photos and videos from your iPhone to your PCs, follow the steps in this article.

Set up and use iCloud for Windows -- Make sure that iCloud for Windows has been installed and set up correctly.

If the information provided haven't resolved the issues, which operating system are your Windows computers on?

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Downloading photos from iPhone SE to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.