Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select every picture from burst photo

Hi,

I realized that I can choose some "frames" of the burst photo.

There´s a way to select and export everyone to save in my computer?

from iPhone 7 Plus today updated.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 8:44 AM

But I have several burst with at least 200 photos each.

The developers clearly did not expect us to want to keep more than a few photos from a burst, and there are simply no tools to select all burst photos.

As a work-around - you could try to copy the burst directly from the Masters folder in your Photos Library. If your Photos Library is not an optimized Photos Library,

• Quit Photos,
  • ctrl-click (or right-click) the Photos Library in the Pictures folder,
  • then use the command "Show Package contents".
  • Open the folder Masters in the window that will open.

The Burst photos will be in the subfolder year > month > day of the date of the import, when you imported the burst to your Photos Library. Select all photos there and copy them to the folder where want them.

Be very careful, when you open the library directly. It is easy to damage it, if you modify something inside. Just look and copy.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2018 8:44 AM in response to avictorgm

But I have several burst with at least 200 photos each.

The developers clearly did not expect us to want to keep more than a few photos from a burst, and there are simply no tools to select all burst photos.

As a work-around - you could try to copy the burst directly from the Masters folder in your Photos Library. If your Photos Library is not an optimized Photos Library,

• Quit Photos,
  • ctrl-click (or right-click) the Photos Library in the Pictures folder,
  • then use the command "Show Package contents".
  • Open the folder Masters in the window that will open.

The Burst photos will be in the subfolder year > month > day of the date of the import, when you imported the burst to your Photos Library. Select all photos there and copy them to the folder where want them.

Be very careful, when you open the library directly. It is easy to damage it, if you modify something inside. Just look and copy.

Feb 13, 2018 3:59 AM in response to avictorgm

That is tricky. You can only save more than one photo of the burst, if you select the photos as keepers, but you cannot select all as keepers at once.

Try the following:

• Select the burst in the Burst album, then use "File > Export". It will write the first photo of the burst to the selected folder.
  • Now double click the burst to open it and make a selection. Select all photos but the one photo you already exported. Click "Keep only selection". This will add the the selected photos to a moment, so you can select them there and export them with File > Export as well.

Feb 13, 2018 4:38 AM in response to avictorgm

Is so difficult to add an option to select everyone?

I think it is intentional. You cannot do anything with a burst, until you move the burst photos to the library by making a selection. And you are forced to be selective when making a selection to reduce the number of photos.

It doesn’t work.

Only export the selected one.

Did you read the full reply? You have to export in two separate steps.

• First you export the first photo to save it. You need to save one photo separately, because you cannot do anything with a burst until you sacrifice at least one photo.
  • Then you split the burst by selecting all but the first photo. You have to click the circle of each photo in the burst but the first one. Now you confirm "keep selected". The burst will be deleted and all photos will appear in your moments. Select them there and export them, then delete them from Photos.

Where does it go wrong for you?

Select every picture from burst photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.