Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X poor call sound with bluetooth in car

I have bluetooth handsfree built in to my car (Land Rover discovery 4) which was worked perfectly with both iPhone 4 and iPhone 6, the call sound quality was excellent. Now that I have an iPhone X the sound on phone calls is awful, with crackling and noise and is very difficult to hear clearly. I have update my phone but nothing has changed.

The bluetooth sound connection to wireless headphones is fine, and the car is still fine if I try the old phones.

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 6:22 AM

34 replies

Feb 14, 2018 2:37 PM in response to Grahamell

Hi there, Grahamell!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with the sound quality on your car stereo when you have your iPhone X connected and I am happy to assist! That is a great steps checking other devices and since they are not having the same issue, I suggest taking a look at this article to Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo and follow the steps in the Bluetooth section to try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPhone. This article will also give you next steps if you continue to have issues.
Cheers!

Mar 30, 2018 11:31 AM in response to Grahamell

I have a 2011 Range Rover Sport and I am experiencing the exact same thing, extremely static call quality. I have reset network settings and rebooted my phone. When talking with Apple they were not helpful at all, basically reading off a script and stating they have no clue. I am in my vehicle and on the phone everyday and I am extremely frustrated

Apr 23, 2018 12:28 PM in response to Grahamell

I have the same issue , my Jabra Bluetooth earpiece is giving out really poor sound quality , I can hear the caller fine but they can’t hear me very well , I put my watch in airplane mode and the sound clears , I have found tho if I connect To my AirPods the sound is fine both ways , so im wondering if there is a Bluetooth 5 earpiece that will work with the watch connected and if so which one ?

May 13, 2018 6:27 PM in response to Grahamell

I upgraded to an iPhone X three months ago and bought my first Apple Watch at the same time. Soon after I began experiencing the exact same problems described here. I have a 2013 Lexus and brought it to the dealership for troubleshooting. They were kind enough to pair my iPhone X with multiple brand new cars and of course the problem followed me, confirming it was an issue with the phone, not the car. The only way I could temporarily resolve it was to do a hard reset on the phone. I opened 3 tickets with Apple overall the course of several weeks culminating in a replacement of my iphone X (which has not solved the problem). I have given up opening additional tickets as the most frustrating thing has been they (Apple) has not yet “acknowledged” this as a common problem and each time they react as if this issue is unique to me and so they don’t know what is happening or how to help me. I was relieved (and felt validated) to finally find this thread with recent posts from numerous people experiencing this issue. I hope if enough people raise awareness of this huge inconvenience (and dangerous problem to not be able to use Bluetooth while driving) that Apple will provide a proper and permanent fix.

May 25, 2018 12:33 PM in response to Grahamell

I am having the same issue with my Iphone X using the car bluetooth. I tried the tips in the link and it still has poor audio quality. I can hear them fine, but they say my audio sounds like I am underwater, or crackling noise. Other phones work fine in the same car on bluetooth. Looks like an issue with the Iphone X.

iPhone X poor call sound with bluetooth in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.