Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn’t my iPhone importing my photos to my iMac?

I’ve recently come back from traveling so have many photos I need to upload. However none of my photos are appearing in the iPhoto import window on my iMac. They are on my phone so I know I have not lost them. Please could someone help me as I need these photos on my iMac.

I’ve tried restarting phone and iMac but still no luck. I’ve also tried different cables but no luck.

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2018 3:41 PM

If you do not use iCloud and do not want to. Open Image Capture in your Applications folder to see if it can see the Images on your iPhone. If you can, then you should be able to transfer the images from your iPhone to either iPhoto or Photos using Image Capture.

see > Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2018 3:41 PM in response to sandrafromuxbridge

If you do not use iCloud and do not want to. Open Image Capture in your Applications folder to see if it can see the Images on your iPhone. If you can, then you should be able to transfer the images from your iPhone to either iPhoto or Photos using Image Capture.

see > Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device

Why isn’t my iPhone importing my photos to my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.