Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Today my spreadsheet disappeared

I’ve had no problems with finding and opening my spreadsheet since I got my iPad. However, today having opened and then closed the spreadsheet it is now no longer available to see. It was only on my iPad and has always been viewable in Numbers before. According to the iCloud the spreadsheet is on my iPad but I just can not locate it. No iOSupdates or anything today, so I’m at a loss. Anyone able to help?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5, Numbers app

Posted on Feb 14, 2018 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 2:50 PM

Hi XtineSan,

I understand that you're no longer able to find a spreadsheet that you open regularly on your iPad. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend checking out the help provided in the following articles:

Get help with iCloud Drive - Apple Support

What if I don't see all of my files?

When you turn on iCloud Drive, any documents that you already store in iCloud automatically move to iCloud Drive. You can see your files on iCloud.com, in the Files app on iOS 11 and later, in the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps, or in the iCloud Drive app on iOS 10 and iOS 9.

If you don’t see your files in any of those locations, make sure that you set up iCloud Drive on all of your devices. If you don't see the files from your Mac Desktop and Documents folder on iCloud.com, go to System Preferences > iCloud, then click Options next to iCloud Drive and make sure that it's turned on.

If you need to access a file that you deleted within the last 30 days, you can get it back from the Recently Deleted folder in the Files app, or on iCloud.com. After 30 days, your files are removed from Recently Deleted.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Go to Locations > Recently Deleted.
  3. Select the file that you want to keep.
  4. Tap Recover.

iCloud: If your iCloud documents and data aren’t the same everywhere

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2018 2:50 PM in response to XtineSan

Hi XtineSan,

I understand that you're no longer able to find a spreadsheet that you open regularly on your iPad. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend checking out the help provided in the following articles:

Get help with iCloud Drive - Apple Support

What if I don't see all of my files?

When you turn on iCloud Drive, any documents that you already store in iCloud automatically move to iCloud Drive. You can see your files on iCloud.com, in the Files app on iOS 11 and later, in the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps, or in the iCloud Drive app on iOS 10 and iOS 9.

If you don’t see your files in any of those locations, make sure that you set up iCloud Drive on all of your devices. If you don't see the files from your Mac Desktop and Documents folder on iCloud.com, go to System Preferences > iCloud, then click Options next to iCloud Drive and make sure that it's turned on.

If you need to access a file that you deleted within the last 30 days, you can get it back from the Recently Deleted folder in the Files app, or on iCloud.com. After 30 days, your files are removed from Recently Deleted.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Go to Locations > Recently Deleted.
  3. Select the file that you want to keep.
  4. Tap Recover.

iCloud: If your iCloud documents and data aren’t the same everywhere

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Feb 16, 2018 5:19 AM in response to XtineSan

A few more details. Today I can see the spreadsheet and documents in "Files". They weren't there yesterday. I can now see my spreadsheet in both Numbers and Files and access it from there. Documents I can only see greyed out in "Pages" but can access them through "Pages" in "Files". Anyway I reloaded the spreadsheet as I could only "see" the old one in recent but there was no way of opening it. I still don't know where that went.

I am sure this all sounds like gobbledygook but there you have it!

Cheers Christine

Today my spreadsheet disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.