Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos albums not syncing to iPhone

I recently had to do a full restore and rebuilt of my Mac. It was a while before I got to using Photos on the Mac, and it of course had to rebuild itself.

I do not use iCloud Photo Library. I sync my iPhone and Mac using iTunes. I have iTunes set to sync all photos and albums. After the restore, it looks like all the photos are coming across correctly, but none of the albums are appearing.

Does anyone know how to kick this to get it to sync albums?

Thanks very much.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Late 2016 15" 2.7 GHz i7 16 GB RAM

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2018 4:20 AM

Hey there, Tom,

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities with your iTunes sync situation. If I understand, after restoring your macOS software and getting everything set back up, you are having trouble syncing pictures from Photos. Everything appears to be set up properly in iTunes, however nothing actually syncs. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend first turning the sync off for your pictures, which you can do following the steps under the "turn off syncing in iTunes" section of Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support . Then, turn the sync back on and see if it works as expected. You can sue the same article to set it back up.

Have a great day!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2018 4:20 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hey there, Tom,

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities with your iTunes sync situation. If I understand, after restoring your macOS software and getting everything set back up, you are having trouble syncing pictures from Photos. Everything appears to be set up properly in iTunes, however nothing actually syncs. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend first turning the sync off for your pictures, which you can do following the steps under the "turn off syncing in iTunes" section of Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support . Then, turn the sync back on and see if it works as expected. You can sue the same article to set it back up.

Have a great day!

Photos albums not syncing to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.