Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Fusion 1Tb only reads 513gb

Hello

So I bought a new iMac with a 1Tb fusion drive and I created a new partition (split in to) and worked fine. But after a while I realize that I didn't need to 2 drives so I partitioned only into one again.

My problem is that I can't find the other 500gb of the hdd.

Even when I try to do only one partition on disk manager still says that it has only 500gb

Can anyone help me? I tried also reinstall MacOS but the drive its only with 500gb. Is there any way to solve this and put the fusion drive as only one with 1tb?

Thank you

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 4K 21,5' i7-3,6GHz 16GB Fusion 1TB

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 10:31 AM

Maybe or maybe not, Fusion Drives are finicky and so it's hard to know for sure. That my friend is exactly why you need a good backup to Restore from before attempting to do anything.

If you make a mistake and it splits, see > How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support

4 replies

Feb 15, 2018 9:06 AM in response to marcojoel

If you do not have a good backup, then you need to make one or two before doing anything else.

(Time Machine and/or a Clone using CCC or SuperDuper on one or more external hard drives)

Then you need to use Disk Utility in macOS Recovery to try and add the all of the disk space back to the first partition.

see > About macOS Recovery - Apple Support

If not, you will need to Erase and Reformat the Drive back to one partition, then Reinstall macOS and Restore for your Backup.

see > How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

iMac Fusion 1Tb only reads 513gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.