Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Huion H610PRO Tablet not recognized OS 10.11.6

Like many in this threadHuion H610 tablet problem - how to remove keyboard settings in Leopard

I cannot get the tablet to be recognized by its driver. When I first did the driver install, and then plugged in the tablet, there was some sort of notification from the Mac thinking this was a keyboard. Rebooted the Mac and the tablet started working with the stylus. There was a little app that installed with the driver to allow modest testing of the device. I thought all was positive until I tried running GIMP - I had to push down so hard on the tablet with the stylus that I feared damage to the tablet. The tablet is not showing up in input devices in GIMP - but it kind of worked. And, it was working OK in Photoshop. Figuring it was a driver issue, I uninstalled with the Huion uninstall app and reinstalled updated driver from Huion web site. With the updated driver, the tablet isn't recognized by the updated Huion test app. It still works in Photoshop and works without any pressure sensitivity in GIMP. I've been through several installs/uninstalls of the Huion driver including previous versions (using its uninstall app), same behavior.

Then did uninstall with Huion's uninstall app, but didn't reinstall any other Huion drivers. Surprise - same behavior in GIMP & Photoshop. Gimp recognizes the stylus & location, but not pressure. Photoshop recognizes stylus and pressure.

I've emailed Huion support, but based on the previous thread, I don't have very high hope.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2018 7:01 AM

This is an update. I now have full functionality in GIMP as well as Photoshop. Here's what I did.

Uninstalled all Huion drivers using their Uninstall app that had loaded during my previous attempts.

Made sure my tablet was unplugged from USB

I went back to the original CD that came with the Tablet

The problem I'd had before was trying to make the Mac Install from the CD - Neither Autorun or Setup worked for my Mac. So this is how I did it today - see image

User uploaded file

• From the Hurion_Driver CD, Copy MacDriver>H610_H610..pro+.pkg.zip to Desktop
  • open the zip file, this produces the .pkg file on the desktop
  • open the .pkg file and proceed with install
  • after success, plug the tablet into USB
  • a tablet driver panel icon appears in the tray, Open it, click on Advanced Setting and use the pen stylus to click on the various options - don't change anything here - I don't know what all this does yet.
  • Go to Apple Launchpad - the driver install put 2 apps here - TabletDriverPanel and PenPressureTest
  • Leaving TabletDriverPanel open, also open PenPressureTest
  • Test pen pressure by drawing on PenPressureTest.
  • Adjust Pressure Sensitive on TableDriver to suit your touch. See my results below - light touch = small line, heavy touch = large line
  • User uploaded file

I then went into GIMP > Input Devices > Quartz Pen, Eraser, Cursor all set to Screen mode.

User uploaded file

Pressure sensitivity worked fine, tried it in Photoshop and worked fine.

Good Luck to all

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2018 7:01 AM in response to stevenfrombellefontaine

This is an update. I now have full functionality in GIMP as well as Photoshop. Here's what I did.

Uninstalled all Huion drivers using their Uninstall app that had loaded during my previous attempts.

Made sure my tablet was unplugged from USB

I went back to the original CD that came with the Tablet

The problem I'd had before was trying to make the Mac Install from the CD - Neither Autorun or Setup worked for my Mac. So this is how I did it today - see image

User uploaded file

• From the Hurion_Driver CD, Copy MacDriver>H610_H610..pro+.pkg.zip to Desktop
  • open the zip file, this produces the .pkg file on the desktop
  • open the .pkg file and proceed with install
  • after success, plug the tablet into USB
  • a tablet driver panel icon appears in the tray, Open it, click on Advanced Setting and use the pen stylus to click on the various options - don't change anything here - I don't know what all this does yet.
  • Go to Apple Launchpad - the driver install put 2 apps here - TabletDriverPanel and PenPressureTest
  • Leaving TabletDriverPanel open, also open PenPressureTest
  • Test pen pressure by drawing on PenPressureTest.
  • Adjust Pressure Sensitive on TableDriver to suit your touch. See my results below - light touch = small line, heavy touch = large line
  • User uploaded file

I then went into GIMP > Input Devices > Quartz Pen, Eraser, Cursor all set to Screen mode.

User uploaded file

Pressure sensitivity worked fine, tried it in Photoshop and worked fine.

Good Luck to all

Huion H610PRO Tablet not recognized OS 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.