Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing VPN configuration

I recently added a vpn to my phone but then realized i didn’t need it. So I deleted the app but in settings it is still there. Is there a way to delete a vpn configuration from settings?

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2018 6:01 PM

Once you get to this page I doesn’t let you delete the vpn. It only lets you look at the vpns that are on your phone.

3 replies

Feb 15, 2018 6:18 PM in response to justinmorgen

Well, it should... Try looking at this community discussion forum. It discusses the same issue and they explain it far better than I ever could! 😉 How do I delete VPN from my settings?

Kilgore-Trout mentions on that discussion:

You can't delete it as an option in settings, but I'm guessing you have a VPN connection set up, which can be deleted. Try this:

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Select General
  3. Tap on VPN (its in the thrid group of setting)
  4. Tap on the VPN configuration
  5. Tap Delete VPN.

On the other hand, if you turn it off in the main settings menu, it should not come back on. Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

Removing VPN configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.