Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Siri talking rubbish

I have tried repeatedly to get the weather for Waikiki or Waikiki Beach and Siri keeps giving me the weather for Cape Town in South Africa. It hears Waikiki as it types it out but brings up irrelevant information. Is this a bug or a joke in the Apple office?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 17, 2018 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2018 3:12 PM

Thinking on how technologies have changed how people have to think

made me reconsider what someone in grandparents era in 1940s USA

would have done with a 'rubbish-talking' Ms Siri.

Someone would've been sent to get a bar of soap: for a mouthwashing.

Doubt modern SIRI would take that suggested treatment without words. 😉

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2018 3:12 PM in response to RichHI

Thinking on how technologies have changed how people have to think

made me reconsider what someone in grandparents era in 1940s USA

would have done with a 'rubbish-talking' Ms Siri.

Someone would've been sent to get a bar of soap: for a mouthwashing.

Doubt modern SIRI would take that suggested treatment without words. 😉

Feb 17, 2018 3:46 PM in response to sberman

So is it due to some issue when you travel? I am in Britain this week, is Siri affected by this? Every time I give Siri another go, it fouls things up, I get frustrated and turn it off. If it did not understand my accent I could understand it but it shows exactly what I said and then gives me weather for 6,000 miles from Britain and 11,500 miles from Waikiki. What has South Africa got to do with Waikiki? Are you on Oahu, is it a proximity thing?

Feb 17, 2018 4:50 PM in response to sberman

Yes, I got it to work by saying Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America. I think Siri forgets about the USA when you travel overseas. Still a bit of a GImmick that does not work properly so I switched it off again. Love my MacBook Air, my Ipad Mini and my iPhone so I can forgive them one dud app which I do not really need. Thanks anyway.

Problems with Siri talking rubbish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.