Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 2 Runkeeper problems

While on a run, I take my iPhone (8plus) as well as wear my series 2 Apple Watch. Up until a few weeks ago I could start the Runkeeper app on my phone, tuck it away, then open the Runkeeper app on the watch, it would sync right up, and during the run I could just look at my watch for stats instead of digging out my phone. Now the app on the watch says “Please set up your Apple Watch from the Runkeeper app on your iPhone”. I’m not sure why. I’ve tried to do this and see no option in the phones app. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 19, 2018 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2018 5:19 AM

Hi

If you have not yet done so, then it may help to update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Also install any available update for Runkeeper (a third-party app) via the App Store > Updates (tab) on your iPhone.

It may help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch if your devices appear to indicate that they are connected, but they do not behave accordingly:

Otherwise, for assistance with questions and issues concerning use of Runkeeper in conjunction with Apple Watch, including in respect of any data syncing issues, I suggest that you consult the app developer's support resources and/or contact them:

App details:

Support resources:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2018 5:19 AM in response to Kmpatterson

Hi

If you have not yet done so, then it may help to update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

Also install any available update for Runkeeper (a third-party app) via the App Store > Updates (tab) on your iPhone.

It may help to unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch if your devices appear to indicate that they are connected, but they do not behave accordingly:

Otherwise, for assistance with questions and issues concerning use of Runkeeper in conjunction with Apple Watch, including in respect of any data syncing issues, I suggest that you consult the app developer's support resources and/or contact them:

App details:

Support resources:

Apple Watch series 2 Runkeeper problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.