Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thermal camera on ipad?

where is the thermal camera on my ipad?

Mac mini (Early 2006), Mac Mini 2011 OS 10.12.5

Posted on Feb 19, 2018 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2018 2:21 PM

Why do you think you ipad has a thermal camera?

There are several apps in the app store that simulate a thermal image.

Here is one seller who provides a thermal imaging attachment.

FLIR ONE for iOS Thermal Imaging Camera - Apple

3 replies

Feb 19, 2018 8:43 PM in response to rccharles

When I was in the store I asked about the thermal camera on the iPad and the person helping me showed me the thermal imagery on PhotoBooth. Now that I have it home, while it calls it "thermal," it doesn't seem to be true to temperature. I tried images of the interior of my freezer and the furnace output and they aren't really showing gradated temps. I am wondering if there is some way to adjust a temperature range, in case that's the issue. Or is it really a "sort of thermal-looking" image?

thermal camera on ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.