Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Notification when iPhone out of range

Is anybody aware of any APP or a way for the Apple Watch to notify me when the iPhone is out of range?

The LOOKOUT app doesn't offer this feature anymore.

Thanks.

Luca

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2.3, null

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 2:13 AM

Hi Luca

If Apple Watch becomes disconnected from the paired iPhone, then it will show a disconnected icon on the watch face:

The status icons

Apple Watch does not otherwise offer any audible, haptic or visual alerts when taken out of range of the paired iPhone.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2018 2:13 AM in response to eeWee

Hi Luca

If Apple Watch becomes disconnected from the paired iPhone, then it will show a disconnected icon on the watch face:

The status icons

Apple Watch does not otherwise offer any audible, haptic or visual alerts when taken out of range of the paired iPhone.

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Feb 20, 2018 2:15 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Thanks Jonathan. Yes. I was aware of that but the point is that people often forget their device around (home, office, car) and wearing a smartwatch they - me, included - would expect to receive a notification that would prevent wast of time/money or even potential theft.

Thanks for your reply, though.

Luca

Apple Watch Notification when iPhone out of range

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.