Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Dolby Vision & LG OLED 65B7p - Wake Issue

Hi everyone.

I have an Apple TV 4K 64GB (running TvOS 11.2.5) and am experiencing an intermittent issue with waking the device in some instances (coming out of a sleep state) while connected to my LG OLED 65B7p 4k TV via HDMI.

The issue is not consistent but I have narrowed it down to only happening while Dolby Vision 60,4K is enabled on the Apple TV 4k.

• The issue does NOT occur when HDR 60,4k is enabled. I have not tested with 60,1080p or other resolution/display modes.
  • I have content and frame-rate matching enabled on my Apple TV as well and am using a high quality/high speed HDMI cable capable of displaying the above mentioned display modes.
  • I have tried multiple inputs on the TV including the ARC port as well as secondary ports.
  • I have also tried to change the power source from a power bar, to a APC Smart-UPS battery backup device, to direct into the wall - all yielding the same results.
  • I have the Apple TV remote to control my TV set to OFF. It happens when this is set ON or OFF.

As an example of what happens:

The TV will be in a standby mode overnight and throughout the day, including the Apple TV itself (as the device is put the sleep when not in use). When I go to watch TV, I manually turn on my TV, set the TV to the correct input and then attempt to wake my Apple TV pressing the HOME button. When the issue is present, there is no light on in the front of the Apple TV that illuminates to indicate it has been woken up. Again, it doesn't happen all of the time, but it does happen with DolbyVision enabled. When the device does not wake, the unit stays in this state until I unplug the power from the Apple TV and plug it back in (causing it to boot up again). I also cannot press and hold the two buttons to soft reset the Apple TV, it's unresponsive.

I have got a replacement unit sent out by Apple as the technician and I thought maybe it was just a defective product. The replacement product is doing the exact same thing.

I have the latest firmware on my LG TV (Version 04.70.36 - Dec 12, 2017)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 10:43 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 21, 2018 2:51 PM in response to streiter

UPDATE:

I also submitted a support request to LG and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting LG regarding your OLED65B7P.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Unfortunately the issue is with the Apple device and not the TV.
Please contact Apple support for assistance.

Thank you for choosing LG

Dave H.

LG Customer Service
LG Canada

Apple TV 4K Dolby Vision & LG OLED 65B7p - Wake Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.